cheaper than therapy

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Playtime today

I was able to get some time today to work on some proects. First, I have been wanting to make one of these squash books for a long time. I got the directions from Splitcoast Stampers and Beate has them on her blog, too. I used photos from our recent trip to Sea World. I decorated both the front and the back, but am only posting one side, plus a close up of a section. It looks complicated, but really wasn't. I am going to teach this at an upcoming class. The cardstock base is just "generic" blue cardstock. It coordinated nicely with some Sea World paper and stickers that I had gotten a while ago.
My next card was inspired by something I had seen while cruising blogs. I am not sure whose card inspired me, but thanks! I was reading suggested uses for the Spiral Binding Punch from Stampin Up and somewhere it said to use it to make black cardstock look like film negatives. I made this beach scene card using Tempting Turquoise cs, Close to Caramel CS with the seashell wheel in chocolate chip. The stamp set is SPLASH! from The Angel Company, and I used watercolor crayons for color. The beachball has crystal effects to make it look like vinyl. The button in the top left is orange, with a funky sun on it...I cannot remember the company, it was in my stash. It came out
really cute. I am looking forward to playing with this technique more.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dana Lea - SU Stamper! said...

Tag your it! I've been tagged, and now I'm tagging you! Check out my blog for the details. Have a great Day!

Crafty Creations