cheaper than therapy

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving is coming!

 
Each year, we kick off the holiday season with a family Thanksgiving Feast in my classroom. We held our feast on Friday, so it would be less stressful for me to do my own feast next week. All I can say is WOW---each year, it seems as if we have more and more people join us! This year, I have 10 students and we had a ton of people at the feast. I cooked a 20 pound turkey, we had dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, cranberry sauce,rolls, cupcakes, fudge, cookies and punch. The leftovers were at a minimum...as usual! After most of the parents left, Jared, Stacy and Joelle stayed to help Linda and I clean up and then put up the Christmas tree. We only have school Monday and Tuesday next week ( yeah) and then I have to start working on my own feast!
David comes home from California late Wednesday night (actually Thanksgiving morning around 1) and we are all really excited! Mom and Dad are coming to have turkey with us,too. I have been sick for the last few days, not sure if it is strep ( going around school) or if it is sinuses....I will try to get to the doctor Monday so I am not sick for turkey day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Crafty Creations