cheaper than therapy

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Views of the devastation















We were finally able to go into areas to check on homes of some of our friends. I have been trying to contact 2 of the families from school, but without any success. Today Jody, Linda and I drove around specifically to check on Joseph and Steven. Both families have their homes intact, although the fires came literally up to their doorsteps. The yards are charred, Steven's family had the fence burn, and the houses right next to them are gone. Somebody was looking out for our families....We were pretty surprised to see a UPS truck making deliveries literally amid the ashes, and the mechanics sent to help with the power lines were just looking, and shaking their heads as if to say "What are we supposed to do with this mess?"





















9 comments:

:Jayne said...

It is amazing how one house can be totally destroyed and the other completely safe.
I hope this is over for you now and they catch the idiots who started this.
Miss ya!

:J

eljay716 said...

oh my we have to thank God your friends were spared. That is amazing. those pics are really scary when you think of how close they were. Take care..

samgirl said...

Gee - not good! It is great news that you (and your friends) are OK and your houses were spared. Thank God!!

Lisadwb said...

How sad that many innocent people are affected by one jerk's stupidness!!
I hope the firefighters get the fire put out soon.
I am thankful for your safety!!

Joana said...

I'm a bit lost for words looking at you photos .....but Glad to hear that you an your family and friends are safe ,
Big hug to you all .keep safe

Jules said...

I am so glad that you all are safe and sound and feel so sorry for those who have lost their homes. Smoochies

M-C said...

I am so glad that you are safe and that the two families that you were worried are OK too. That is too close for comfort! Having lost a house to fire before, I know just how devastating it is.

Like you we are also praying for rain over here in Tampa Bay!

PaperBabe - Kim said...

I'm glad you are OK & safe I don't know quite what to say the photos are quite devastating and I hope that they catch the culprits and that this will be all over for you and your friends now!
So God Bless, take care, Kim!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe and well. Take care.

Crafty Creations