cheaper than therapy

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A brilliant idea!

Gary has been so wonderful in letting me get some of those great Copic markers. They are pricey, but he also says that getting the proper tools will give the best result. I have been acquiring the markers through some on-line marker clubs (Loreen's http://www.wishonascrap.com/and Gina K Designs http://ginakdesigns.com/)where I get a few each month. Then, I also got impatient and bought some individual ones that I needed to fill in for some "favorite color combos" that I found out about on some blogs that I have been following for intruction on how to use these gems.
Well....I have been seeing some interesting ways to store the markers, and used my own creativity to come up with a storage solution using things I had around the house! This is a basket, that is secured to the wall using screws to keep each cup in place. They are organized by color families. I also have printed out a color chart where I can mark off the ones I have, and also some Favorite color combos for reference.
VOILA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


8 comments:

Emma said...

Roz that is a cracking idea...off to find something similiar! Hope you are well and thanks for sharing! Hugs Emma.x

Sue said...

Roz, have you discovered the blog on how to color with copics? If not I can send you the link...the copic lady gives different level tutorials and also tips and show lots of samples. I have none, but do love to read the scoop on these. I saw your post on the besthousemouse site.

Kath said...

Yep - that's a brilliant idea, all right. Great way to keep those markers handy to use!
Kath

Loreen said...

Love your storage solution =) Thanks for sharing!

Scrappin' Jackie said...

as my Joshy would say, "You are a GENIUS" and coming from a not quite 4 year old, that is QUITE the compliment.
Jackie

Jules said...

Very ingenious pal on your storage ideas! Haven't tried the coptic markers yet.

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Lucky you! You'll enjoy using those and get great results with them too. Enjoy.

Jessica Smith said...

What a great idea love it.

Crafty Creations