cheaper than therapy

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Loki's surgery


Loki had a tumor removed from his hip on Monday. It was the size of a big egg! Unfortunately, the doctor says it is most likely cancer. We will have the path report back by Tuesday. Loki has been a great pet and wonderful companion. Although he is an important member of our family, we will not put him through chemo/radiation/ or other expensive treatments. We have had a family meeting, and decided that we want Loki to be happy and pain free as long as possible. He is almost 9, and should have some quality time left. We hope for a good prognosis, but are preparing for the worst case scenario.
Here is a photo of his incision area.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Oh no. What a shame. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hopefully it won't be bad news. I do agree with your decision though. I hate seeing humans let alone animals go through it all. Big hugs to you all. Emma.x

:Jayne said...

I know that was a hard decision for your family. I think I would do the same. I pray that the vet was wrong and all will be well.
:J

Sammi said...

Oh no! Poor Loki! I'm so sorry!
*HUGS*

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Poor Loki. Thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed.

Crafty Creations