cheaper than therapy

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm on a Blog Trip!

The Mommy Community is going on a blog trip! Members are coming around on a virtual field trip of sorts, visiting new people online. Day 1 is starting in a few minutes (Sept. 1) and I figured since I am already awake and online, it is a good time to get started. I am always early for things, anyway, so why should this be different?
Here's a little about me for those who come visit:
I am 43, have been married to my high school sweetie for 23 years, moved to Florida from Massachusetts when we got married. We have 3 boys: Dave is 21 and is going to school to be an aerospace engineer. He is currently on a work study program with NASA. Ben is 16 and is a truly retro kid. He loves to listen to classic rock, cult movies, and almost anything he can get his hands on from yesteryear...Pete is 13 and loves to skateboard. He spends as much time on his board and skating as he can. He also is learning to play the guitar. In addition to the boys, we also have 3 fur-babies. Three big dogs ( Loki, Thor and Baloo). We live on the East Coast of Central Florida, not too far from Cape Canaveral/ Kennedy Space Center. One of the best things about living here is that we can watch the space shuttle launches from our yard or the schoolyard. I am a teacher of 3-4 year olds with special needs, and have taught special education in the public schools for 23 years.
When not working, hanging out with my family, or doing the mom thing, I love to do papercrafts. I have been scrapbooking for about 8 years, and also doing rubberstamping for about 5. I am a new Stampin Up demo, as my friend is stepping away and asked me to help her out.
HUGS to all, and read my blog, and look at the photos to learn more about me!

9 comments:

kim-paperbabe said...

The blog trip sounds very interesting! Hope you have good fun, nice to know you more and your great busy family!
Kim

:Jayne said...

Gee, even I learned something about you!

:J

The Mommy and Me Boutique said...

It was fun to meet you on the blog trip. Nice reading about your family.

My blog was put in wrong, it is:
http://themommyandmeboutique.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

I like your intro. It is nice to learn more about you too! Thanks for the comment on my blog. It cheered me up! I wish my grandparents (and yours) had left more info with their pictures too. For now we are left with some "mystery persons" in the photos. Hugs!!

Angie said...

Nice to meet you! Stopping by from the blog trip and I love the picture in your header. I want a pool LOL

Sounds like you keep busy but love what you do. That's great!

Lisadwb said...

Wow, we are the same age- and my kids are 2 & 4 years old. LOL Most people I went to school with have kids in college and some are grandparents. LOL

Joana said...

great idea , thanks for sharing a bit more of your self with us .
great family
Big hug
joana

:Jayne said...

I wish you'd come back from that trip! Missing ya!
:J

Chris said...

sounds fun! I tagged you check out my blog for info :D

Crafty Creations