cheaper than therapy

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

If you haven't seen the news, Tropical Storm Fay is a real B*TCH! She traveled to Brevard County and decided to over-stay her welcome. Since her arrival on Monday afternoon, she has dumped at least 18 inches of rain in our neighborhood. Thank goodness we did not lose power ( we did have some quick outages) or have any major damage. The high winds blew some trees over, we lost our phone and internet service due to one of the trees hitting a cable line, and the kids are going stir crazy! It has rained hard and steady since Monday evening, and just now is tapering off. We were able to get in the first day of school, but they have been shut down for the past 3 days. Hopefully they will open tomorrow.
We didn't get outside to take any photos...nothing major, just lots of standing water! Hope we have our phone and internet for good now. Thanks for all the hugs, kind thoughts and prayers you have sent our way for the past few days. They are appreciated!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Have been thinking about you...hope all this is soon behind you. See you in two weeks :-)

kim-paperbabe said...

Well, I'm thinking of you and your family and friends and I hope that it goes away and settles soon, can't imagine what you're going through! HuGs Kim x

ScrappyPam said...

So glad it's getting better! I grew up in Titusville, so I've been through a few of those storms. I'm glad that the cable/phone was the only casualty!

:Jayne said...

I'm glad you are okay! I guess she's coming to my house next. I hope she's a bit nicer when she gets here.

:J

Crafty Creations