cheaper than therapy

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gotta Love My Boy!!!!

For those of you who know and love me, you know that I am not a snake lover. I don't even really want to tolerate them. However, since living here in Florida, I have been a bit more tolerant, as the snakes take care of other critters that stalk our habitat! Well, Peter has been helping Mr. Melendez in the science lab at school. The other day, he got his hopes up that we would let him bring the python home for the holiday break. I reluctantly said fine, but the rest of the family protested!!! However, I made sure that the rest of the family knew that Peter has been doing great, and it was special that Mr. Melendez trusts him enough to take care of the legless wonder. He came home without a name, and I insisted that if it was going to share our home for 2 weeks, it needed a name. Sooo, in the middle of the night, it dawned on me that we needed to call him MONTY...after one of my crazy boys' favorite English comedy teams ( get it...Monty Python!!!). Even Gary had to laugh at that one. So, here is Peter holding onto MONTY. I have not gotten up to wanting to hold him willingly, but I do pet the darling. The things we do for our kiddos!


 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kip said...

You're a good mom!!

Teresa said...

Oh girl...you are a tad bit braver than me. Snakes give me the willys.....lol

But agree w/ Kip....such a good mommy.

the whimsical butterfly said...

OH dear! Moms do the darndest things dont' we ? LOL! Merry Christmas!!!

Crafty Creations