cheaper than therapy

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holiday cards and goody boxes

WHEW! I think that I have finally gotten my holiday cards all done and ready for mailing. This year, I decided to use some of my adorable Tildas for cards.She goes perfectly with the Stampin Up Ski Slope designer paper. Not too Christmasy, but definitely wintry! It is hard to get into the holiday spirit when it is 80 degrees and balmy. Not everyone appreciates handmade cards enough to keep them, so I don't usually add lots of embellishments to them. I did use stickles, some bling, and some fantastic stuff called SNOW WRITER for the snow. It hardens like concrete, but looks fluffy just like the real stuff.
I also needed to make some little trinkets for people at work. So, Peter and I made these adorable 2-5-7-10 boxes ( see www.splitcoaststampers.com for tutorial)and filled them with chocolate. We found a Brenda Walton paper pack at Michael's on clearance and used those papers as a base. It even had 2 pages of tags that we used for decorating some of them. We only have 5 days of school until winter break, so many of the cards and presents had to be done by now.
Peter and I worked really hard to get ready, and I think we did it!


 
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jaspere said...

Congrats to you for getting them done. Your Tilda cards came out great. Great gift bags too.

Kimmie0270 said...

So cute! I'm lovin the Tilda cards!

the whimsical butterfly said...

How adorable! Love those Tilda cards, too! So sweet!

ScrappyPam said...

Good for you! They look great! (Come do mine. Please. LOL)

Kim said...

Roz you did a wonderful job! I love them all!
Hugs~ Kim

Sammi said...

Wow! well done! These look GREAT!!

Scr@p and More said...

love love cards

Lisadwb said...

Your Tilda cards are darling. I bet the goodie boxes were a big hit.

Crafty Creations