cheaper than therapy

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Present for my Peter

Peter has been asking me to make a photo collage/shadow box for him. I have been so busy with "stuff" that I have had little time to do any scrappy projects unless they were for holiday gift giving. Last night, I sat down and made this canvas for him. This was inspired by my friend Amanda Dregne, who is an up and coming talent to be reckoned with! Look-out scrappy ladies, you will be hearing about her really soon!
This started out as a 14x18 artists canvas. I mixed colors to make the base. The papers are by Scribble-Scrabble ( never heard of them but found them online doing a search for grunge or skateboard stuff) and are called DUDE-ALLS by Cynthia Coulon. I used Tim Holtz grungeboard arrows and skulls, along with crackle paint, distress inks, and distress stickles. I have a stash of assorted skateboarding embellies, that were added too. I am not totally loving this, but the most important thing is that Peter thinks "IT ROCKS!"...so that makes me happy. It does look better in person, it has what I call boy bling, and totally reflects his personality. The scrunched up papers, distressed with TH inks and even torn, look like they could have come right off the floor of his room!




 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Crafty Creations