Sunday, April 27, 2008
areas. I think it looks great....you should see it sparkle in person!
I used some of my stamps from Amy at Simply Sistas as well as one of my favorites...the frog prince! In all, I was able to make 15 cards to add to my box while Peter got some work done!
HOORAY for me....
Thursday, April 24, 2008
7 Things Game
The Rules for 7 Things:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.2.
Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I married my high school sweetie in 1985 when we were both 22
2. Our last name is Wolfe, and all 3 of our boys were born the night of a full moon (not the day before...or the day after....the exact day of the full moon!)...and by the time our 3rd was due, there was quite a betting pool at the OB-GYN's office!
3. I am surrounded by males....I have 3 sons, 3 male dogs, and teach children with special needs ( and the majority of students in my classes are always male...)
4. I was a nanny for a German diplomat while I was in college.
5. I love to cook and make lots of ethnic dishes....many people are surprised that I have an enormous repertoire of Cuban, German, and of course traditional Jewish foods as well as others!
6. I am very creative and crafty...when I was younger, I would write stories and poetry...I am an avid painter, as well as papercrafter.
7. I love to hang out online in a few scrappy clubs (Kit-N-Kaboodles especially www.knkclub.com) and messageboards where we get together to chat and inspire each other...it is even more fun to meet in person!
Now...the fun part...I get to tag 7 blogging friends...........I will contact them and post later (maybe!)....
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Here is another card that I made for Amy and Simply Sistah's. This is Issabella and Cupcake going for a walk. I have used some of my favorite scrapbooking paper (Basic Grey). The base of the card is Close to Cocoa by Stampin Up...the main image is matted with So Saffron and Pretty in Pink (Stampin Up too). I put a big brad on a big purple flower to make it a little more girly! The colors really are sharp in person. Stop by www.card-scents.com to see more of Amy's stuff! She has great digital stamps...you must try them, it is the newest in stamping technology!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
Then, I wanted to make a bunch of cards for my card stash and also to send out. I had stamped a bunch of images a while ago, and they are still sitting in the box in my craftroom. Well, I had an idea for a card-sketch, and found some images that would fit right into it. Here are some of the cards that came out of this endeavor. As the cow is boldly holding up a glass in celebration, I used card scents from www.cards-scents.com to give the card a pina-colada scent to it. It smells MOOVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Anyway....today was spent doing some last minute errands, and then a nice family dinner with Dave, Ben and Peter. Dave came in for a day or so...just to be with the family around my birthday. He did bring with him 3 loads of laundry and I still hear the rhythm of the dryer as I type! The clouds have disappeared, and the pool is up to at least 80 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be hot and sunny, so maybe I will venture into the blue. Everyone has taken their 1st dip of the year but me, so the boys are anxiously awaiting my plunge.
Maybe tomorrow I will have more to say....HUGS to all!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
There are 5 rules attached to this and they are:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone. Monica's blog can be found at http://riverviewstamper.blogspot.com/
3)Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and the link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/
5) To show these rules.The 5 blogs that I choose are: