cheaper than therapy

Monday, December 28, 2009

Finally getting some me time!

I love having time off between the holidays, don't you? However, this mini-vacation has been riddled with stress. It started out with my being sick, and then Peter broke his leg. We are both much better, but we got off to a rocky start! With all the hustle and bustle of life in the Wolfepak, we also needed to do some re-organizing and de-cluttering around the house.
One week down, and one week left before we head back to school. Today I finally got some crafting time just for me!!! Hooray!
Most people know that I just love snowmen. That might be from my childhood in New England, and the fact that I still miss having fun in the snow. Anyway, when I saw these adorable snowmen from Magnolia stamps, I just had to get them. During my re-organization, I found some envelopes that measured 7x5. I thought that was a weird size, and they must have been donated by a friend who used to stock cards in the local grocery store. My snowmen cards fit into these envelopes perfectly!
I started with a card base that measures 7x10,and scored the cardstock at 5". The papers that I have used are from my December kit from Kit-N-Kaboodles
Specifically, it is SEI's Winter Song line, and also Bo Bunny's Snowy Serenade combined with some bazzill cardstock. The snowmen are both from Magnolia Stamps.



7 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful cards, love your choice of colors and the adorable snowmen!

Candy said...

Hi!!
What beautiful cards! I love them both - those papers are great!!
Your snowmen are adorable.
Sorry to hear of your problems during your time off. Wishing you and your DH much better health in the New Year!
Hugs, Candy

Patti.Jo said...

So cute! Great work on both your cards!

Scrappin' Jackie said...

omg adorable

christina d said...

I still love the dards. Magnolia sure has some cute stamps. Good luck with the last of the vacation time. Hope you get some more crafting time in.

Cheryl said...

wonderful, Roz! thanks for sharing! Hope you get more time to create, SOON!

Norma said...

Roz, beautiful cards. Love those cute snowman images. I like the colour scheme and your DP's are lovely. Good job on both cards.

Hugs.
Norma

Crafty Creations