cheaper than therapy

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Kreative Kaboodles Holiday Blog Hop~~final stop

Hello everyone!
Welcome to the final stop in the Kreative Kaboodles First Annual Holiday Blog Hop!
I am sure you have seen lots of great gift giving ideas presented by our talented design team. If you have not seen all our great ideas, please go over to the Kreative Kaboodles Blog (www.kreativekaboodles.blogspot.com) to get started.
Today I am going to show you how to make an altered legal pad, perfect for gift giving (and inexpensive too).



Here is a list of supplies that you will need to get started:

junior size legal pad

cardstock measuring 10" X 5", scored at 1 3/4" and 2"

additional cardstock or patterned paper for your stamping

red line tape (or other strong adhesive), adhesive, stamps, ink, coloring medium ( I used watercolor crayons), embellishments

Ready to begin? Here we go!

1.Cut cardstock to desired size. You will need enough to cover the front of the notepad, plus an additional 2" to fold over to the back side. The legal pad that I used for my project is called a junior legal pad, and measures 8" x 5"



I used cardinal cardstock by coredinations and ran it through a snowy embossing folder, then distressed it to bring out the snowflakes.



2.Adhere cardstock to notepad using redline tape. Position it so that the scored area wraps around the spine of the notepad. Attach the flap on the back first, then flip the notepad over and run a strip of redline tape across the cardboard at the top.


You will want to score along the edge of the cardboard so that you can easily access the notepad underneath



3. You are now ready to decorate the front cardstock~~
I took a piece of patterned paper and tore across the top of it. This was then layered underneath a sheet of white cardstock run through the same embossing folder as my red cardstock base. To make it sparkly, I used clear stickles to highlight the raised snowflakes. I fell in love with these stamps when I saw them in the Creativity Boutique (www.creativityboutique.com). The two sets that I used are called PENGUIN GAMES and SNOW GUY, both by Stampendous.
I stamped them in stone gray stazon, colored them with watercolor crayons, and used stickles for some glitz. The holiday lights at the top are from my stash of goodies from Michaels.


Let's face it, everyone can use note pads all through the year. These are pretty inexpensive (you can get them in multi-paks at office supply stores for about 50 cents each) and can be decorated for any occasion. Hope you like the project!

If you would like to be elibible for a prize from Kit'N'Kaboodles, you will need to leave a comment here at my post and go to the Kreative Kaboodles Blog (www.kreativekaboodles.blogspot.com) and become a follower.
Thanks for coming by!!!

17 comments:

mustangkayla said...

I always forget these! They are such a great and inexpensive gift idea! Yours looks great!

Deb said...

This is a great idea, Roz!

Amy said...

Roz what a cute gift idea!!! I love it!

sonia said...

This is a wonderful idea Roz! I must give this one a try. Thanks

Chelle said...

Great idea Roz, really cute!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super gift idea!

Chris said...

what a great idea!!!!!!!

nannette13 said...

Wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing!

Angi said...

my favorite projects are those that can be used in a functional manner, great job! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon's blog said...

I love these idea. Thanks

Gramjak said...

Such a great gift idea for a bridge group or book club. Everyone can certainly use this to plan their holiday "lists".

Many thanks, Roz!

Laura said...

Clever idea Roz:)

Erika M. said...

This is actually a very lovely idea!

christina d said...

I love the cover. I can sure think of some uses for this. Thanks for sharing!

Kelcey said...

great gift idea for work or a teacher! Love those stamps!

Pam in Moncton said...

Oh how cute is that! Great idea.
Pam

Scrappin' Jackie said...

I have received these as gifts and thought they were adorable but i am glad to now have the directions to create them. thanx roz.

Crafty Creations